High 1 Resort
2 – DAY SKI & SNOWBOARDING Trip
High 1 Ski Resort located to near Taebaek City, Kangwon-Do Province
Known for its abundant snowfall, High 1 Resort is one of Korea’s newest ski resorts. With 3 gondolas and 5 lifts servicing 22km of varying terrain, High 1’s 18 slopes are great for all ski and snowboard levels.
The Mountain Top observatory restaurant rotates around once every hour, providing a magnificent views of Mt. Jijangsan and Mt. Baegunsan.
- 0430-0500 – Show-Time at Outdoor Recreation, Bldg 1304 to sign Hold Harmless Waiver
- 0530 – Depart Outdoor Recreation (short briefing about the trip will be done on the bus as we depart)
- ~0700 – Stop at Rest Area for 20 minutes
- ~0900 – Arrive at High 1 Hotel (get your gear on and be ready to go)
- ~0915 – Distribute Lift Tickets (good for all lifts and gondola) Buses will remain parked at High 1 Hotel
- 0930-1630 – Daytime Ski/Snowboard (must take gondola back to High 1 Hotel at the end of
- the day)
- 1630-1700 – Bag ski equipment and load it onto your bus (lower cargo compartments). If you plan to night ski, store your gear in lockers that are available all over the resort. At 1800, buses will be locked for the night. Absolutely no ski/snowboard gear will be brought into your room for any reason. Hotel doesn’t have a convenient store, so purchase items from Valley Condo Family Mart (located first floor of condo). It takes one hour to take gondola from Valley Condo (bottom) to High 1 Hotel. Line will be long to enter gondola back to Hotel at end of day, so make sure you get in line early. Shuttle buses are also available from Valley Condo to High 1 Hotel.
- 1600-1800 – Check into High 1 Hotel rooms (meet trip leader in lobby for your room key)
- 0800-0930 – Check out of rooms and load personal gear onto your bus (must be checked out NLT 1100)
- 0900-0930 – Lift tickets are available for pickup in lobby (let trip leader know if you will be
- 0900-1630 – Daytime ski/snowboard
- 1100-1200 – Buses will be opened for lunch and late checkouts can load their gear onto bus
- 1200 – Buses will move to Valley Condo bus parking lot. This will be the meeting point at end of day
- 1630 – BE BACK AT YOUR BUS, buses will be parked at bus parking lot Bag and load your equipment back on the bus and prepare for departure to the Base
- 1645 – Depart High 1 Resort back to Base (buses will leave with or without you, DON’T BE LATE)
- ~1900 – Stop at Rest Area for 20 minutes
- ~2100 – Arrive back at Outdoor Recreation
This itinerary is subject to change
- Lodging is at High 1 Hotel – gondola lift is required to get to and from the ski slopes
- Sleeping arrangements are 2 people per room
- Each room is Western style with 2 twin beds, bathroom and shower, and TV Items used in the room mini bar must be paid for (they are pricy). Pay when you check out
- Kangwonland Casino is open with slot machines, poker, blackjack, and roulette .
- Passport is required to enter the Casino.
- You must purchase a ticket to enter the casino at the Help Desk.
- Shuttle is available from Hotel to Casino.
- There is a small theme park at the Casino for children.
- All meals are on your own (meals range between W7,500 – W25,000)
- High 1 Hotel restaurant requires dinner reservation one hour prior to eating (open for breakfast and dinner)
- After 2000 there isn’t much to do at the Hotel (everything is closed except for the bar)
- Downtown has many restaurants for dining (a free bus shuttle is available – see trip leader for bus schedule)
- Trip leader will eat downtown and departs Hotel on the 1900 shuttle
- Valley Condo offers a variety of food from Western, Korean, and Japanese food.
Very Important Things You Must Know
- Tour bus departs in front of ODR, building 1304. Please be there 15-20 minutes prior to departure time.
- Need to Bring: Ski or Snowboard equipment, Hat and sunglasses or goggles, Wind/water proof jacket and pants, Warm clothes, Gloves, Sunscreen, Snack/Lunch or you can buy lunch there (meal prices range from W7,500 –W15,000), Won for meals or snacks at the Rest Area (ATM accept only Korean card), Camera and Change of clothes.
- Dangers: Icy and bare spots, Cold Weather, Possibly Snowing, Steep drop-offs, Fencing along ski courses, Possible injury, seriously hurt, or death may occur, Out of control skiers/snowboarders
All cancellations must be made by close of business 15 days prior to trip
For more information, please visit Outdoor Recreation (ODR) at Bldg. 1304 or contact DSN 784-4007 during manned hours.
Manned Hours of Operation:
Weekends & Holidays: 1000-1600
Check out https://51fss.com/odr/ for other events, amenities, rentals, and more!