Paragliding Trip To Dangyang-si
Paragliding is a recreational and competitive flying sport. A paraglider is a free-flying, foot-launched glider aircraft . The pilot sits in a harness suspended below a fabric wing. whose shape is formed by its suspension lines and the pressure of air entering vents in the front of the wing . Despite not having an engine, paraglider flights can last many hours and cover many hundreds of kilometers, though flights of 1-2 hours and covering a few tens of kilometers are more the norm. By skillful exploitation of sources of lift the pilot may gain height, often climbing to a few kilometers over the surrounding countryside. Paraglides are unique among aircraft in being easily portable. The complete equipment packs into a rucksack and can be carried on the pilot’s back, in a car or on public transport. In comparison with other air sports this substantially simplifies travel to a suitable take off spot, selection of a landing place and return travel.
0815 – Show time to sign Hold Harmless Waiver
0830 – Depart Outdoor Recreation
1030 – Arrive at Paragliding area
1100~1300 – Paragliding
1330 – Depart Paragliding area
~1600 – Arrive at Outdoor Recreation(approximate)
This itinerary is subject to change
Very Important Things You Must Know
- Tour bus departs from Outdoor Recreation, building 1304. Please be there 15-20 minutes prior to departure time.
- Items To Bring: Comfortable clothes, sunglasses/goggles, wind or waterproof jacket, gloves, sunscreen, snack/lunch/water, camera and Won for meals of snacks.
- Dangers: Slippery roads, improper clothing, wet roads, poor Physical condition, strong blow-outs, changing weather and lacking knowledge of rules
- Bring your SD memory card for picture and movie
- Weight Limit: 55~260 pounds
All cancellations must be made by close of business 3 days prior to trip
For more information, please visit Outdoor Recreation (ODR) at Bldg. 1304 or contact DSN 784-4007 during manned hours.
Manned Hours of Operation:
Weekends & Holidays: 1000-1600
Check out https://51fss.com/odr/ for other events, amenities, rentals, and more!