Bills, Banks, Exchange Rates, & Credit Cards

Paying Off-Base Bills (and Parking/Speeding Tickets)


Most off-base bills and/or parking/speeding tickets can be paid via your realtor using Korean Won. Some realtors may also accept credit or debit cards. Check with your realtor and confirm any fees with your bank.

Online Bank Transfer

Ask your realtor about how to set up an account so that your rent and utilities are automatically paid each month. This service typically requires stopping by in person. For your initial appointment to set up an account, you’ll need your lease agreement, any bills, and your credit card and banking information. This account will also be used to pay any traffic fines you receive.

Using KB Bank (On Base) or other Korean Banks

If you don’t have a realtor, you can pay bills or tickets at local banks. Just bring the bill and cash (Korean Won or USD). Tell the teller you’re here to pay bills (or say it in Korean “Ji-ro nahp-bu ha-ro-wa-sso-yo.”) There will be a currency exchange when you bring USD. If the bill is overdue, they may or may not call the collector on your behalf. If not, just wait until you receive the new bill in the mail and try again.

TEL: 031.668.9465
Location: 2nd Floor of the Osan Leports Center (ROK side)

Directions: Make a right as you pass the AAFES Gas Station facing to the main gate. Keep going straight, the road curves to the left and ends at a large parking lot. The blue colored building is the Osan Leports Center.

Hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM (Lunch Break 1:00 PM-2:00 PM)

Local Banking & Credit Cards

To open a Korean bank account, you’ll need an Alien Registration Card (ARC). Information on obtaining an ARC can be found here. It can take up to four weeks to process and receive your ARC. This is optional and not required for USFK personnel.

Many international and US credit cards are accepted in Korea. There are only a few instances, such as toll roads and some parking lots, where only Korean cards are accepted.

Banks On Base

For those that are unable to or do not wish to open a Korean bank account, there are two American banks located on Osan Air Base, including the Community Bank and Navy Federal credit Union.

Community Bank

Bldg. 965
DSN 784.5531/1533 | Comm +82.505.784.5531/1533

Hours of Operation
Mon-Thur: 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM-1:00 PM

Navy Federal Credit Union

Bldg. 926
Comm 1.888.842.6328

Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Sat: Closed

ATMs & Exchange Rates

There are American banking ATMs conveniently located around Osan Air Base including at the Main Gate (next to Anthony’s Pizza), Commissary, Turumi Lodge, Navy Federal Credit Union (next to Checkertails), Mustang Community Center, and the Base Exchange.

To maximize the exchange rate, withdraw USD from American ATMs on-base, then exchange into Korean Won using one of the many money exchange shops found outside the Main Gate.

When getting KRW from an ATM, the exchange rate is generally more favorable if you take out a higher amount in a single transaction, rather than smaller amounts via multiple withdrawals.

Note: Most debit cards include a foreign transaction fee when converting your foreign purchase or ATM withdrawal into U.S. dollars during off-base transactions. It’s usually 1-2% of the total transaction. However, for cards without a fee you may just get a lower exchange rate.